Watch out Inner West Sydney, Rozelle is on the rise. Snug in-between Lilyfield and Balmain, Rozelle property is coveted right now for several reasons and we’ll fill you in on them below.
5 reasons to choose Rozelle living
Here are several reasons why living in Rozelle is a top choice for Sydneysiders.
1. School districts
We’ve found in recent years that buyers are choosing Rozelle over other Inner West suburbs because of the local schools. The first is Rozelle Public School, which hosts the weekly Rozelle Markets. Dating back to 1877, Rozelle Public fosters a wonderful community atmosphere that’s appreciated by parents and pupils alike.
Rozelle is also home to Sydney Secondary College’s Balmain Campus. This co-educational public education facility caters to years 7 to 10 students (with the year 11/12 campus in Blackwattle Bay). Rozelle is also convenient for students attending Sydney University and UTS.
2. Great transport links
There are plenty of public buses along Darling Street and Victoria Road, which will take you over the Anzac Bridge into the CBD within minutes.
Rozelle’s tree-lined streets, parks and good schools make it perfect for families. In fact, 45% of current residents are families. Along the Parramatta River foreshore, you have King George Park and Bridgewater Park, with Callan Park in neighbouring Lilyfield. All of these parks are a part of the 7-kilometre Bay Run too, a popular circuit track.
4. Coveted lifestyle
Besides the renowned Rozelle Collectors Markets, the suburb is home to a plethora of boutique shops, restaurants and iconic establishments. Here are our top picks:
- Embellish Atelier for designer millinery.
- Local Bar, during the day, a café serving the best baked goods ‒ and a cosy bar at night. Enjoy their tapas menu with a delicious cocktail.
- Belle Fleur Fine Chocolates for exquisite handmade chocolates.
- Three Weeds, a heritage-listed neighbourhood pub and a Sydney institution.
The planned Rozelle Village won’t open until 2026, but we’re confident it will be a sure-fire hit.
But wait, there’s more!
When we say Rozelle is on the rise, we mean it. The Rozelle Parklands is just one upcoming development expected to open in the first quarter of 2024. It will have trails, wetlands, playgrounds, parkland, two sports fields, multi-purpose courts and a pop-up outdoor cinema.
Rozelle’s median house price
Now we know why people are coveting a Rozelle property, let’s look at the median house price:
- The median home price in Rozelle is now $1,995,000. This is a 12.8% decrease in 12 months, which isn’t surprising considering the drop in prices across Australia. But when you compare it to the average price of $1,448,000 in May 2019, things are still looking up in Rozelle and it’s still slowly coming into line with Balmain’s prices.
- In contrast, the median unit price in Rozelle is $1,425,000. This is a 12.6% increase compared to the same time last year.
- The weekly rental price for a house is $850 (with a 2.4% yield) and $650 for a unit (with a 3.2% rental yield). There’s been no change in the house price, but the unit price has increased by 8.3% in 12 months. We have the rental crisis to thank for this rise.
Whether you’re looking to invest or buy an Inner West property, we recommend you not look past Rozelle.
Can we help with your Inner West home?
Whether you’re ready to sell or need help to rent your investment property, we have the experience and local knowledge to make your property journey easier.
Looking for help selling your home or renting your investment property? Our team at Belle Property Balmain support homeowners across Balmain, Balmain East, Birchgrove, Rozelle and Lilyfield. Feel free to get in touch for a no-obligation discussion or property appraisal.